There’s rarely a convenient time to discover that your parents suddenly need you to help take care of them. In fact, you’re likely experiencing some of the following:
Anxiety – You don’t know what needs to be done, where to turn for support or where to find the information you need
Stress – How can you possibly provide support for your aging relative, care for your own children and maintain your career?
Guilt – Your parents did so much for you – shouldn’t you be doing more for them?
Emotional Exhaustion – With so many important decisions to be made and so little time to research your options, you quickly become overwhelmed
You are not alone.
Keystone Eldercare Solutions can help you care for your aging relative, and take the mystery out of the many decisions you’ll need to make.
"You are amazing! What I tried to do in 2 months, you did in 1 week. You've helped us navigate the system, made sense of Mom's disease, and gave back her independence and control. Thank you for making such a difference in Mom's life and giving us, her family, complete peace of mind."
~ Mike G., Nanaimo, BC
Perhaps geography is preventing you from caring for your aging relative yourself. We can provide or arrange all the support your loved one needs, ensuring that your visits are relaxing and meaningful – not stressful.
Or maybe you simply don’t know what your aging relative needs, where to find resources or how to best provide support. We can explain the process for you in plain English and help you every step of the way.
Our specially trained staff can prepare your family for a hospital discharge, assist during a change in health status and extend your aging loved one’s independence and quality of living at home, in Assisted Living or in a residential care setting.
- Make complex age-related issues more understandable and help you explore your choices
- Create a personalized service-care plan based on the needs and circumstances of you and your aging loved ones
- Implement your service-care plan, or assist you with doing so
- Coach you in your new role of adult caregiver – including how to initiate uncomfortable conversations with your aging parents, how to navigate the complex social and health care systems, and where to find support
- Help ensure that your time with your aging relative is meaningful – not stressful
- Help you make important decisions by researching and explaining your service-care options every step of the way
- Coordinate the transition to an assisted living or residential care facility
- Keep you up-to-date on your loved one’s well-being and progress through regular service-care updates or via your own family web site
There are many things we do, but what we ultimately provide is peace of mind. With the support of Keystone Eldercare Solutions, you always know that your loved ones are being looked after by caring, knowledgeable professionals.
Our service area includes North Central Vancouver Island, including Nanaimo, Parksville, Qualicum, the Comox Valley and Campbell River.
Don’t wait for a crisis before asking for help.
If you would like assistance caring for an aging relative, or simply need some thoughtful advice, call 250-650-2359 today for a free 30-minute consultation.